Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mommy I sit?!?

I am such the excited mommy today (as well as everyday) but today is a very special day for me. My little man walked into the bathroom this morning as I was in there he looked at me and said "Mommy I sit?" I said "Sure you can sit!" He sat down and started taking off his diaper so I said "it's okay we can take off your diaper." He sat there for a couple of seconds and then reached over and flushed his little handle he has on his pooh potty seat and then got up, and sure enough, he tinkled in his potty seat. When grandma got home I brought out the little bowl to show her and he said "Mommy potty?!?" I said okay let's go sit on the potty and he sat there and squeezed and grunted and groaned and sure enough he tinkled again. Grandma and I were so excited we shouted and told him good job. He tells me afterwards that he pooped, but we have yet to do that in his potty seat. I now completely agree that they will potty train when they are good and ready, because I have tried off and on for a year and he had no interest then all of the sudden out of the blue he did it on his own. I wasn't asking him for it...he asked me. Maybe I will be blessed with a 2 year old little man who is potty trained by the time the new little peanut arrives. Needless to say I am a VERY PROUD mommy.

No comments: