Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A day in the L & D ward

I started my long day yesterday about 11:30 Friday night. I hadn't eaten anything since Friday about 7:45. I made myself drink water so when I would throw up I would have something on my tummy to get rid of other then stomach acid. I had been talking and texting my friend Rachel and she finally told me to GO TO THE HOSPITAL. So needless to say I drove myself to Whittier hospital...Jed stayed home with all 4 kids. When I got there I walked up to the ER and told them what was going on and they got right on the phone and called L & D and sure enough they sent e straight through. When I got there they got me my room, started up an IV, took blood, ran some tests and I layed there. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and contraction monitor and my contractions were 2 - 4 minutes apart which they gave me 2 shots to stop. Rachel came and hung out with me for a good 2 - 2 1/2 hours until my dad got there. He then stayed with me until they released me at 9:30 last night. My dad had made mention to my nurse that I had had previous problems with my gaul bladder so she informed my Dr and he ordered me an ultrasound. They said there are no stones, I believe God healed me from them, because when I was pregnant with Junior St Jude said my gaul bladder was so bad that I was supposed to have it remove 6 weeks after Junior was born...I'm sorry folks but gaul stones don't just go away. I know God healed me. Well while she was doing the ultrasound of my gaul bladder I asked her if she could just show me the baby real quick. She said you already know what it is right and I said NO! I have only had one ultrasound and that was when I was 8 weeks pregnant. It is a surprise. She turned the screen so I couldn't see and right away said I know what your having. Do you know how hard it is to not ask her after you KNOW that she KNOWS? So I asked her if I called my mom if she would tell her because she wants to know, she said yes, so I called my mom but then asked Jed if he wanted to know. He did so now JED KNOWS what we are having. They hung up and my mom asked Jed...she wanted hi to know first. So now, Jed and my mom know...my dad and I want it to be a secret. If any of you want to know what we are having ASK JED, just what ever you do DO NOT TELL ME!!! I want to keep it a surprise for me. They ruled out preterm labor. I am anemic and need to take iron pills. Other then that they finally came to the conclusion that the contractions were due to me throwing up and losing the potassium as well that I was very dehydrated. They pumped to of the normal bags full of liquid into me as well as t smaller bags of something that took away the nausea. They were so glad I came in because it could have thrown me into pre term labor. I hate going in when I am not sure because I feel like it is waisting their time, but that actually thanked me for coming in and told me it was the best thing for me to do. They finally released me at 9:30 and I came home and slept and feel MUCH better.

No comments: