Thursday, June 12, 2008

Juniors 2nd Birthday & Dixie's 1st Birthday Party

On Sat June 7, 2008 we celebrated Juniors 2nd Birthday and Dixie's 1st. We all had a blast and were burnt to a crisp. I had a moment of sadness tho, My Aunt Bea had made a comment to Dixie stating that Grandpa was here. We'll me being me heard what I wanted to hear and I turned around to look for my grandpa. Once I snapped back into reality that it was not my grandpa that she was refurring to I kind of had a melt down. I mean I already know on a daily basis how much I miss him and how much I wish I could give him just one more hug, but it isn't until something that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt if he had any say in the matter that he would be there in a heartbeat it kind of wears on you. I know if he was still here with us, he wouldn't have missed it for anything in this world. These kids were his life his last 2 years. Life has changed so much for us since his passing in November. I never in a million years thought I would ever lose him and it is still really hard. Junior had a rough time the first few months after him being gone, he would look all over the house for great grandpa, he didn't understand why he wasn't there. Now it aches my heart to think he has completely forgotten about him. He was only a year and 5 months old when he passed. I am blessed with 27 1/2 wonderful years of memories with my grandpa, and believe me, I wish I had 27 1/2 more years with him, but God wanted him home with him.
Okay now on to the happy stuff, sorry I got a bit sidetract. The birthday party went great and Junior and Dixie had a lot of friends and family show up to spend this wonderful day with them. The big bonus...Great Grandma Rose was able to come. That in itself was awesome. They each got a bunch of much needed cloths, and just enough toys. I want to say thank you to eveyone who showed up and spent this wonderful day with us and also a big thank you for the nice thoughtful gifts. We had a lot of Jed's side of the family that showed up which was very nice. He was so happy to see everyone. Just think next year we will have one more 1 year birthday to celebrate along with a 2 year and 3 year. We are done! No more munchkins for us...Momma is exhausted. LOL.

No comments: